2 YEAR WARRANTY
Your home's two year statutory warranty coverage begins on the date you take possession of the home and ends on the day before the second anniversary of this date.
For example, if your home's date of possession is October 23, 2005, the two year warranty begins on October 23, 2005 and ends on October 22, 2007.
The two year warranty is provided by your builder and covers:
- Water penetration through the basement or foundation walls;
- Defects in materials, including windows, doors and caulking, or defects in work that result in water penetration into the building envelope;
- Defects in work or materials in the electrical, plumbing and heating delivery and distribution systems;
- Defects in work or materials which result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of exterior cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum or vinyl siding);
- Violations of the Ontario Building Code affecting health and safety (including, but not limited to, violations relating to fire safety and the structural adequacy of the home); and
- Major structural defects. (Major structural defects are specifically defined in the Ontario New Home Warranties Plan Act and discussed in more detail in the Seven Year Warranty section.
During the first two years of possession of your home, the warranty is provided by your builder. After that, during years three through seven, the warranty is provided directly by Tarion.